Pond Park Primary School
||South Eastern Education and Library Board
||Todd Architects, Ian Black Consulting and Caldwell Consulting
Design and build of a replacement primary school adjacent to the existing school which was operational throughout construction works. Demolition of the old school took place once the new school was operational. 3,650m2 of accommodation included 21 classrooms, dining hall/kitchens, library and multi-purpose hall.
The construction team brought their shared learning from two similar primary schools for the SEELB, this resulted in improved performance through continuous improvement.
- Replacement 21 classroom design and build School for South Eastern Education & Library Board (SEELB)
- Building adjacent to existing operational primary school
- Completed 4 months ahead of programme in June 2009
- Construction team brought their learnings from two similar Primary Schools for the SEELB resulting in greater performance through continued improvement
- A-rated EPC
- Improved construction programme - SEELB's original programme was reduced by 9 months through revised designs and rephasing of the building works
- Registered for the Considerate Constructors Scheme - National Silver Award Winner 2010
- BREEAM assessed to a 'Very Good' rating
- Natural ventilation, biomass boiler for heating and rainwater harvesting
- Increased Fabric Insulation - u-values for individual elements were reduced significantly
- Gas consumption only 60% of CIBSE guideline targets for a school of similar size
- Increased levels of natural day lighting and lighting sensors.