Marsh Barton Station
£5.5m design and construction of a new two platform railway station at Marsh Barton in Exeter. The long awaited station is being constructed as part of the Devon Metro project to improve rail services to and from Exeter’s largest trading estate.
The project is to construct two 124m long platforms either side of the two existing railway lines, with a structural steel footbridge including steps and ramps providing DDA compliant access between the platforms.
The main works include piling, structural steelwork, signalling and track alignment.
- GRIP5-8 detailed design and build project.
- The scheme includes platform furniture, car parking, lighting, drainage, cycle racks, CCTV and an integrated help point and customer information service facility.
- A new access road and footpath from Clapperbrook Lane, east of the bridge over the railway, leading to a small car park.
- Adjustments to the permanent way through the station.
- Provision of a new electrical supply cubicle connected to the DNO supply.