23 October 2017
Ulster University’s top students receive scholarship from GRAHAM
GRAHAM Construction has awarded scholarships to the top two students on the University's Construction and Engineering & Management BSc (Hons) degree programme.
GRAHAM Construction, one of the UK and Ireland’s leading construction companies, has awarded scholarships to two students on the Construction and Engineering & Management BSc (Hons) degree programme at Ulster University.
GRAHAM Construction scholarships are awarded to the top two students in the first year. In addition to receiving a significant monetary contribution, each student will be provided with support during their degree programme.
The 2017 scholarships were awarded to Jessica Stronge and Ross Neil, who achieved the highest marks in their first year of study. Both students have high aspirations to succeed in the construction industry.
Ron Clarke, Managing Director for Building & Interior Fit-Out at GRAHAM Construction, said: “The construction industry needs skilled and enthusiastic people at every level and we want to help talented individuals succeed. These scholarships are one way we help young people in particular to progress and get the qualifications they need and this year, as ever, the awards are very well deserved.”
GRAHAM Construction currently has over 100 live construction projects across the UK and Ireland and in Northern Ireland they include:
- A £97m contract to build a new Acute Services Block at the Ulster Hospital, Dundonald
- Two contracts for the Belfast Health & Social Care Trust totalling £90m, to construct a new state-of-the-art mental health unit and a new maternity unit
- The £53m Grand Central Hotel project in Belfast City Centre
- A £140m contract for the development of the A6 Randalstown to Castledawson being carried out by Civil Engineering Joint Venture, GRAHAM Farrans
- Projects for Dunnes Stores at the Abbey Centre in Newtownabbey and a multimillion pound office fit-out for KPMG within the Soloist Building at Belfast’s Lanyon Place by GRAHAM Interior Fit-Out