Awarded project works relate to the university’s property portfolio of 213 buildings, ranging across:
- Utilities and Civil Engineering – sub-stations, car parks, subway work and services infrastructure
- Administrative and Commercial – offices, banking provision and shops
- Health and Welfare – medical teaching and research, occupational therapy facility and children’s day nurseries
- Recreational – A sports centre and pavilions, licensed premises and a concert hall
- Educational, Scientific and Information – lecture theatres, computer buildings, laboratories, engineering workshops and libraries
- Residential and Conference – student residences, tied properties & conference centres.
Typical work includes refurbishment and replacement schemes, larger planned maintenance projects, major service renewal, statutory compliance work and new build construction.
Works are procured via further competition between those appointed to the framework.